CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Playstation 3


Today, I finally found and bought an 80 Gigabyte Playstation 3 with a 3 year warranty for about the same amount of money as many people spend on one month's rent in many parts of the country. So, why am I happy?

I've been looking for this specific bundle since June 12th. I've been searching online, making calls to local stores, and driving from store to store. I was almost at the point of considering driving to Long Beach just for one of these.

So, what makes one of these so precious? This specific Playstation bundle is the first to include the new Dual-Shock Six-Axis game-pad, includes a voucher for a free online game, brings back backward compatibility for Playstation 1 and 2 games (a feature not available on other PS3 models), includes slots for memory cards and USB devices (another feature oddly missing from other models), supports 1080p High Definition displays, and includes Metal Gear Solid 4!

Most of the Playstations available right now either include no video games or include bad ones like Spiderman 3, Motorstorm, or Fight Night. This one includes the most anticipated game of the year! So, while the model I bought costs one-hundred more than the other model in stores, the new game-pad and included game in my bundle add up to the cost difference - even without considering the superiority of the actual Playstation model.

Anyhow, I'm justifying my purchase by telling myself that for the first time in three years I wont be paying two grand in registration fees to take classes this coming fall. Yes, I think I will keep telling myself this as I go to bed, especially since I still need to buy one more game-pad for two player games, a PS2 memory card adapter, and an HDMI cable that can handle 1080p.

Oh yes! And, the PS3 doubles as a Blu-ray Disc player.

And, this morning at 8:00 am, new software that allows for application installations will be released for the iPhone!

What a glorious week. I would write a review on Rambo and provide the background on the Metal Gear Solid series, but alas, it's 3:50 in the morning and I am (gasp) tired.

1 comments:

we rule the school said...

I was extremely confused until I realized that you also have access to this blog (the syndicated feed doesn't have the nifty "posted by _____" spot).

Esther: "Why in god's name would Allison be rambling about Metal Gear? I've never thought of her as a Solid Snake kind of girl..."