CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mizzy & Barf Visit

So, can I just start off by saying ...

I'M SO EXCITED!!! I just won the scholarship to attend the annual Association of Bridal Consultants conference in New Port Beach! I had to write an essay and submit a business plan. AND it was judged along with other entries from around the world! This will be saving me about $1,000 which ... for me is a lot. It will pay for the entire conference. YAYYYYYY!!!!

Erika and Barf left last night. Their time here was so much fun!!! Thursday when they got into town around 1:40pm Chris and I took them to In'N'Out (a trademark California burger joint,) and then Erika and I took a nice short (but intense) walk in this beautiful neighborhood while Chris and Barf relaxed in the park. That night we played the Karaoke Revolution games while drinking Mike's Limetinis and Mimosas. FUN!

Friday we spent all day at the water park Raging Waters, which was loads of fun, especially since I hadn't been to a water park in like 13 years. We ate dinner at the Elephant Bar, which was delicious! (Yes I still love the food even though I work there.)

Saturday we had breakfast at a little bakery near the apartment called, "Miss Donut-Bagel." It had damn good donuts. We then spent the day in Little Tokyo shopping, wondering around, trying out Pink Berry (MY NEW FAVORITE) and doing karaoke. We rented our own karaoke room for 2 hours (special hour was only $4 per person/hour) and it was SOOO fun! They had every song imaginable. I'm definitely going back. We watched 'The Last Man on Earth' later that night.

Sunday we started off by taking the special Hawaiian Gardens/Crystal Fitness tour, (HA) and eating at Taco San Pedro, then we headed to Huntington Beach for the day. The waves were some of the biggest I'd ever seen while at the beach, and we got knocked over about 50 times each. (At least.) We finished off the day by renting/watching 'Top Gun.' (It was actually Erika's idea!!!)

Finally, yesterday we went to the Grove/Farmer's Market in LA (where I used to live,) and enjoyed some shopping and eating. (At the French Crepe Co, YUM!!!) Afterwards we headed to Hollywood Blvd., walked around, and then to Sunset Blvd. to walk around some more. While there we ate at a super yummy new place called "The Aroma Cafe." To end the night we drove down Sunset Blvd. to locate some famous "hot spots," then drove through Beverly Hills and down Rodeo Drive. Next stop was the Grey Hound bus station. :( But it was a goooood time.

3 comments:

we rule the school said...

Congratulations!

Allison said...

Thanks!

lvelyrita said...

awesome adventures!