CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 02, 2008

One of the those Days!

This day started off on the wrong foot from the start.

- Toasty's food bowl was being swarmed by ants that came from some unbeknownst location. Poor Toasty.

- I couldn't spray the bowl, the plastic mat it was placed on, or the ground because Toasty would likely have killed herself in licking up the spray.

- I stomped the floor and cleaned out Toasty's bowel for ten minutes. Hence, I was ten minutes late in getting to the car.

- There was a multiple car collision on the freeway that closed down three of the four lanes.

- In an attempt to get to work on time, I jumped over a large concrete divider between the freeway and the exit I wanted to get to. Poor Mazda 6.

- I was late! And, both vice-principals were at the parking lot gate to greet me. Yay?

- As soon as I get to my classroom, someone pulls a fire alarm on campus. I realize I don't have any fire drill supplies because I'm now in a new classroom. And ... I have no idea where to take my kids during the drill, or what "approved" path I'm supposed to take to get there. Both vice-principals are there to greet me again.

- My morning Pepsi can - exploded!

- I just compared my new paycheck to last years - the amount I pay in taxes, union dues, and other deductions has now risen to 28%. Loverly? And, it will take three years to make back the money I spent on my MA.

- Oh, and because California's legislature took forever to approve a budget, that was due months ago, they haven't gone about financing the new budget yet. Basically, California doesn't have the money yet and if they can't take out loans - because of the credit freeze - they wont be able to pay any public employees, such as myself. So ... I might not be getting a paycheck as early as November first. Thanks California legislature.

- The lunch counter just ran out of change so I couldn't purchase a snack or a drink.

- But, the day can still make a drastic turnaround if McCain doesn't suspend his campaign. I'm very much looking forward to the Saturday Night Live feeding trough that will be the Palin-Biden debate. There's nothing quite like a candidate who doesn't have any knowledge of the Supreme Court or who believes dinosaurs and humans once coexisted.

1 comments:

lvelyrita said...

Whew! Sorry, Man. Better luck Monday.