CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Did you say Perimenopause? WHAT?

So, today was a really good day. Seriously. I woke up, (after sleeping in of course), and then Chris and I headed to Barnes'N'Noble (like we do every Saturday so that he can study for like 3-4 hours,) and I finished reading 'Eclipse.' Omg loved it!!! I cannot believe that I have to wait THREE and a HALF MONTHS before being able to read the fourth book. Gahhhh!!! I want it. Now.

After Barnes'N'Noble we went to Best Buy where Chris bought the dvd 'I Am Legend' (haven't seen it yet,) and then we headed to the Elephant Bar for dinner. Mmmm garlic bread, philly cheese steak sandwich, garlic mashed potatoes, and creme brulee! YUM. THEN we went to Target to buy exciting things like underwear, socks, and Estroven. (Yes, we'll get to that later.) THEN we went to the new Pet Smart and bought Toasty a new scratching post, food, "cat grass," a catnip toy, and a new food bowl mat.
OH and did I mention that not only did they just build a Starbucks inside the Target right by our apartment, they're building ANOTHER Starbucks outside in the parking lot!!! We went from having ZERO to TWO Starbucks. Woah. Just woah.

So about the Estroven. It's medication to reduce menopausal symptoms. Yes, I said menopause. See, for the past several months I've been experiencing things like mood swings, depression, irritability, etc., so I decided to try and play House and figure out what was/is going on. After doing lots of research online, I came to the conclusion that there's a very good chance that I'm ... errr ... "hormonaly imbalanced.' Of the 20 symptoms listed to be associated with hormonal imbalance, I have/am experiencing:
- Night sweats (I wake up nearly every night DRENCHED in sweat.)
- Occasional rapid heart beat
- Irritability
- Mood swings
- Loss of libido
- Anxiety
- Breast tenderness
- Depression
- Dizziness
- PMS like a mo fo! Ack!!!
So yes, I'm hoping this will help. Ugh and I'm not even in my thirties yet. :::sigh:::

3 comments:

we rule the school said...

WHAT??????

Allison said...

I'm taking medication to relieve the symptoms of imbalanced hormones ... which are also the same symptoms many woman experience when going through menopause I guess.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! You have me busting up laughing. Heeeeeheeheeheehe! "snort, snort" There's really nothing else to say!
Anna