CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kindness Counts

Today at the Elephant Bar while I was working, the hostess came up to me and handed me a pretty little envelope with flowers on it that was addressed to me in curvy handwriting. She said, "an old lady came by the restaurant earlier this morning before you got here and wanted me to give you this. She said that you waited on her a few days ago and she forgot to leave you a tip." I opened the envelope and inside was a little note on pretty stationary where she had written, "Server Allison, thank you for the fine service on Tuesday. Sorry I forgot to leave a tip ... 80 years takes it's toll. (signed) Jeanette." Inside was $5

I just thought that was the sweetest thing. Her kindness totally made my afternoon. I might just have to send her a thank you note.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG that is so cute. That totally gives me warm fuzzies.

Allison said...

Hahaha, I love warm fuzzies.