CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pros and Cons

Chris said I should list the pros and cons of getting a second job at Starbucks. (Again.) So here they are, (the ones that I can think of anyway!)

Working at Starbucks PROS:
- The Elephant Bar has been a terrible source of income lately because management insists on cutting nearly all the servers after about an hour, hour and a half of taking tables. Which means for the past month I've been walking out with very little, usually some where around $20. Working at Starbucks (even just 3 times per week,) would bring in several hundred extra dollars each month.
- Free Starbucks drinks again! Seeing that I am an "addict," it would probably save me a minimum of $43ish dollars I spend there each month. (That's assuming I go 3 times per week every week.)
- If I work at least 20 hours per week, I could take advantage of the health insurance benefits which are excellent. (Seeing as I don't have any right now ... which ... is bad.) Although I can't remember how much $ is taken out of each paycheck doing that.
- Starbucks is right across the street from The Elephant Bar, so I would literally be able to go straight from one job to another.
- It would provide a steady source of income on the side, regardless of whether I walk out of the E-Bar with $20 or $200.
- I worked at Starbucks for almost 2 years already so I wouldn't have to waste a bunch of time training.

Working at Starbucks CONS:
- Lack of SLEEP. I would probably be working the opening shift from 5am until 12pm, and then working at the Elephant Bar from 12:15 until whenever I get cut. (That's assuming that Starbucks needs some one to open and that the Elephant Bar would give me shifts starting at 12:15pm rather than say, 10:30am.)
- Doing double shifts would be a pain in the ARSE, and two work schedules are always harder to coordinate and get time off from.
-I'd become a zombie again. (At least on those days of the week.)

I don't know what do to ... opinions anyone?

3 comments:

we rule the school said...

If you need more hours, maybe you ought to go for it. I know that I'm definitely in search of extra hours and such.

Is there any way that you can specify certain shifts or a certain number of shifts with either job?

Flyover Country said...

Allison, I recommend donating blood. Let's see, at $25 per bag, roughly 1 pint per bag, you've got something like $400 floating around inside you. Granted, you'll get sick around $150, but it's totally worth it. Hope this helps :)

Allison said...

Hahaha, thanks for the suggestion. :P

I actually tried that a little over a year ago while I was living in Los Angeles. Well technically I donated platelets. I sat there for 2 hours as my blood was sucked out of my arm and then put back in again ... and ... well ... lets just say that the amount of pain my arm went through to get that $40 grocery card wasn't quite worth it, lol! :P