CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Reporting from Missouri


Well, right now I'm sitting at home (in Missouri,) and it's currently -3 degrees outside! Brrrrr! Talk about coooooold! I knew it was a bad sign when I walked outside and after about 2 minutes my hair was already frozen , LOL.

But despite the freezing weather, it's been really nice to be able to see my family and friends. After arriving on Wednesday, I stayed with my brother and sister in Kansas City, where we carried on the tradition of renting AWFUL horror movies. This time, we rented "Dark Harvest 3." (After watching 1 and 2 first, naturally!) The movie completely filled our expectations by being as awful as we expected. :::starts talking like Goofy::: "It wasn't me, it wasn't meee, it was a scareCROW!" Hahaha! :P

Friday Michelle picked me up and brought me to Columbia. We've been spending all weekend taking pictures, hanging out, and watching movies. Last night Ana and Esther (along with their husbands,) came over and my dad made fondue. YUMMY.

Today my old college roomie Anna came up to visit, which was fun. She, Michelle and I went to the mall and shopped for a bit, hung out at my house, and then met Esther at Ruby Tuesdays for some dessert! I had been looking foward to that because Ruby Tuesdays has one of my favorite desserts ... WHICH brings me to my rant of the day ...

One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE desserts is at Ruby Tuesdays. It's a "tall cake" which comes in this giant sundae glass, (chocolate cake which is layered with chocolate mousse,) topped with oreos, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel. SOOO tastey. So we show up at the restaurant and it APPEARS normal inside, (the inside is basically like Apple Bees ... actually the menu is alot like Apple Bees too ... ) and we sit down, and the first thing we notice is the crappy music that's playing. It's like ... elevator MUZAK. Which ... it has the decorative atmosphere of a sports bar, so WHY is MUZAK playing? Then, our waitress hands us the menus, which have COMPLETELY changed. It was as if the restaurant was trying to be all upscale or something. The prices went up, the portions got smaller, and the food items completely changed. At this point I was getting a bit panicked, because dessert wasn't even LISTED on the menu. So I asked for the dessert menu, and got handed this little piece of cardstock that was trying to look all fancy with like SIX desserts listed on it. Luckily, I saw "Tall Cake" listed. Of course I ordered it, (for my entire meal, because it's a HUGE dessert, one that I have NEVER finished, even when sharing!) The waitress brings it out, and first of all, it's no longer in a giant sundae glass. It's on this little glass SQUARE shaped plate. AND it was about 1/4 the size it used to be, (even though it was the SAME PRICE.) Soooooo dumb. I was SO bitter. Needless to say, I finished it all by myself with no problem. Grrrrrrr.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

*sigh* Posting this picture all over the place for the whole world to see....

Book Lover said...

Bwah ha ha ha! You guys are SO cute! Also, I should not be on the computer right now I should be cleaning my house. Also, that stinks about the Ruby Tuesday-ness. They are not "upscale" so why would they need to pretend they are!?!?!? That's hideous.

Allison said...

I know! Ruby Tuesdays is like AppleBees! And the fact that they still had the same atmosphere, just different music and menus, was RETARDED.