CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

A 4-Course Evening

Chris and I are watching the movie, "Prairie Home Companion" with Tommy Lee Jones, Meryl Streep, and Lindsay Lohan. At an hour into the movie, so far neither of us are very impressed. It's not really what I expected ... it's mostly songs ... it seems pretty flat. However, a few minutes ago a joke was told in the film that threw Chris into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Here goes:

Two penguins were standing on a hill and one penguin said to the other, "You look like you're wearing a tuxedo." The other penguin replied, "What makes you think I'm not?"

That's it. That's the whole joke. And Chris was red in the face from laughing over it. Ehem ... lol.

We went to eat a 4-course dinner at Black Angus tonight, it was delicious. I never eat steak, but the filet mignon I had was yummy! We also had a super sample appetizer, potato soup, steak with mashed potatoes and fries, and a huge piece of chocolate mountain cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Sooooo much food! Let's just say that I had to unbutton my jeans after "that" meal! :P

Back to the movie.

5 comments:

we rule the school said...

I think it's one of those things that you really need to have grown up. I've been listening to the radio program my entire life, and I found the movie hilarious. Andrew, however, not having ever listened to it, fell asleep during the movie.

Anonymous said...

Eric and I are big Garrison Keillor fans. We got to watch a taping of Prairie Home Companion when they came through our town. We love the penguin joke.

But you are right, the movie was rather "flat" overall. Maybe radio just doesn't translate to the big screen very easily. The movie is fine for what it is, though. I think it does capture the spirit of the radio program. Also, I agree with Esther. I think there were a lot of in-jokes in the movie. Eric has been a listener longer and he laughed more than I.

C. Berry said...

I think Esther is right that if you grew up listening to the radio programme it's a bit better. I mean, R and I certainly enjoyed it but both of us love listening to the radio show. And essentially, the movie is the radio show on film, and not a lot else. And what it did, I thought it did well.

we rule the school said...

This means I win!

Wait...

Oh, and we all watched "Cold Storage," Fruncle, and "Goosh Ma Lia Sma Stose" (sp?) the other night and nearly died.

Allison said...

Yeeeeah see neither Chris nor I had ever heard the radio show before, so we didn't really understand it. For us it was just a bunch of singing.

I'm sure it would have been a lot better had I actually listened to the show before ...