CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 07, 2007

End of Week, End of Argument

So if you're reading Chris' blog below and are worrying that we've broken up you can rest assured that we haven't. :)

Last night we sat down and talked about Chris' blog and the whole argument that we had been having. From simply reading the title of Chris' blog, you can see that he felt under appreciated. The funny thing is, is that he had been mad about something for several weeks, and he didn't even know "why" he was mad because he never really thought about it until yesterday. Even "I" could tell he was mad about something during the past couple of weeks, (I knew it was a bad sign when Chis snapped at me twice for petting Toasty!) So since he was mad about something, basically everything else I did just seemed to make him more angry. Hehehe, last night Chris admitted that it was unfair that I had to find out about it through a pen. :P

So, if your friend or significant other seems mad for days on end, they probably are and might not even know why. This is why you should ask them what's bothering them to prompt them to think about it so that you can resolve the situation before they end up blowing up over something like a nice pen ...

We did decide to nix the name calling. If we're in the apartment and another argument breaks out, if it starts to get to the point of yelling and name-calling, we have to take a time-out ... and sing a couple songs on karaoke revolution. :P (And if "I" am extra worked up I might even have to watch a couple Donald Duck cartoons during the time-out, those always make me feel better! lol) And if we're "not" in the apartment when an argument breaks out, we still have to take a time-out. At least for me, during the time-out I'll write out a list of my "points" or things that are bothering me.

Relationships are like cars; they require routine maintenance. If you don't maintain your car, you're going to end up with a whole lot of problems all at once, which will be overwhelming and expensive. After reading the long list of things in Chris' blog, for me it was basically like taking in my car for a simple oil change and then finding out that there's about 10 other things that are wrong with it! Yes, it was overwhelming and if our relationship "was" a car, it would have been expensive.

And ... I have to work tonight. Blah.

2 comments:

we rule the school said...

OMG YAY

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is much I can add to your thoughts. But I can say it never is a good idea to NOT talk about things. That goes for both. Despite the fact that you both probably feel right in being upset more than likely you just aren't seeing both sides. I usually find I'm just being stupid or selfish when I get mad at Jesse. The time out thing is a great idea. Cool off and then continue talking. I really hope you guys can work through the rough patches. I have a new cell number so I'll try to call you later.