CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Superstar Barista!

Ok so, apparently at Starbucks this year, they're looking for "partners," (that's what they call their employees,) to submit their original music creations to be judged by 'the Starbucks entertainment panel' (LOL) who will pick the top 15 favorites. THEN the top 15 favorites that were chosen will get their music played in all the Starbucks stores across America, (and there's only you know…like a MILLION of those, lol!) AND to make it even more nifty, they're going to put a compilation cd together of the top fifteen and actually sell them in all the stores! Imagine how funny it would be if I submitted my music and got chosen…picture this: I'm working my usual shift at Starbucks as a customer walks in the door to order a double tall caramel latte and begins to listen to the melodic tunes of my vocal cards playing over the speakers. They begin to look more distant as they start to concentrate on nothing else but the music. They stand there at the counter, holding up a line of agitated customers, unable to order because they're entranced by the music…when suddenly…they ask: "Wow! WHO sings this music that is playing?" To which I respond, "Why that's ME! Would you like to buy my cd right over there?" Heehee, nice thought isn't it? The top 15 will also be heard by record labels as well. How cool is that?! = O Now I just need to record my song so I can send it in by November 15th…damn it…I don't have anything to record with! Now I reeeeally have a good excuse to get that keyboard I've been eyeing at Best Buy for months, because you can record stuff on it! Me want keyboard! Surely I can spare an extra $17 a month? (PLUS $30 for the stand, $15 for the pedal, and $22 on the microphone.) = P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

November 15th! You better get to work asap! No more time for hot cocoa, relaxing 14 mile runs, smog checks, or training to become the ultimate fighting champion :P

The million dollar question is what type of music you plan to sing and compose for the contest. It might prove to be far more important than singing ability, considering most Starbucks music has a certain "feel" to it.

Btw, is Starbucks going to award some sort of prize or percentage of the profits to those "partners" who make it onto the CD?

Allison said...

I'm not sure if Starbucks is going to award some sort of prize or percentage of the profits, BUT in regards to what "type" of music I should write, I just found out that you can enter up to THREE songs...which means I can do three different types! =P