CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My Italian F**K YOU


How can I begin to describe how WONDERFUL my day has been today? Should I try to describe? Why yes, I think I shall.

During the past few weeks, my brakes have been squeeking so I figured I needed to get them replaced. So today, I drove to Brake Masters to do just that. To my suprise, after checking them out the girl said, "Actually, your brakes and your brake pads are fine. They're just squeeking because they're not great quality," (a certain family I was staying with this time last year replaced them,) "so you really don't need to get them replaced for at least another 5 months." Phew, I thought. Finally I get a break! But before I decided to leave, I asked her if she could replace my "air filter," because for the past year that I've been going to Wal-Mart for oil changes, they've been telling me I need a new air filter. So ... she takes the air filter out and shows it to me. "No, it's really not that dirty. You don't have to get it replaced. It's fine. But what I'm really suprised about is, why Wal-Mart didn't tell you about this." She said as she pointed to my oil gasket, which was completely stained with oil. "This thing has been leaking, so your oil has been slaushing out." Oh ... so THAT'S why I've been needing an oil change every TWO months, my oil's been disappearing! It was starting to make sense. Usually the cost to replace a leaking oil gasket is about $75. Not bad uh? UNFORTUNETLY, Wal-Mart never even bothered to tell me it was leaking during all of my MANY oil change visits, so oil has been leaking INTO THE ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION of my car. Because they didn't notify me of a MINOR problem, it has now turned into a MAJOR problem.

So today I spent $19.50 to get the air filter replaced, (even though she said I didn't have to do that,) and then I spent another $94 for them to replace the leaking oil gasket and to completely clean out the engine, which was caked in all sorts of crap. They told me to drive it around over the weekend and to bring it back on Monday, where I will most likely have to spend about $800 to get the transmission/engine problems fixed DUE TO THE LEAKING OIL THAT WAL-MART NEVER BOTHERED TELLING ME ABOUT!!!

And as I was driving home from the repair shop, my car was jerking back and forth like it was having a prolonged seizure that lasted the entire 10 minutes I was driving home. (They said it would do that for the first 20-30 minutes because of all the chemicals put into the engine to clean it out.) But nothing beats the fact that my car just DIED as I was pulling out of the parking lot and my favorite purse's strap just BROKE OFF MY PURSE as I was paying at the counter. (And thus spilling all of my crap all over the floor.)

Now, the only problem is: Where do I get the additional $800 to fix this whole ordeal? Good question. I don't F**KING know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gah! Allison, that's HORRIBLE!!! It makes me want to start asking Wal-mart about all sorts of things everytime I go there - or maybe just go somewhere else...

I HATE car crap.

Good luck, our thoughts are with you (and your poor car & more importantly your poor pocketbook)

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO! That SUCKS so bad! Gosh, Walmart is sooooo stupid! Why would they do that? By the way, it's not NORMAL to have to change your oil ever two months, is it? I thought I only got mine changed like ever 5,000 miles or something...Maybe I don't pay much attention to it because my Dad usually does the deed himself...but still, It hasn't been changed for qhite a while now...and why wouldn't Walmart TELL you??? IDIOTS! Anyways, I'm sooooo sorry.

Allison said...

I know, it REALLY sucks. I'm thinking about sueing Wal-Mart, or at least filing a mal practice clain against them. Grrrr!