CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh. My.

A huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders: MY CAR PASSED THE ENHANCED SMOG CHECK TODAY!!! Phew. What a relief. You might wonder why I'm so relieved ...

The first time I got a smog check, (almost 2 years ago,) my car failed. The second try, it failed again. Finally, after several repairs and several hundred dollars later, it passed the third round. (Third time's a charm, right?) Oh and let's not forget that it costs about $50 for a single smog check. WELL my vehical is required to get one every other year when I renew my registration. If your car fails the smog check, then you are not allowed to renew your registration. Sucks huh? Especially because my car burns access oil and so when you fist start driving it, it has smoke coming out of it's butt. (Did I mention they're adding a "smoke check" to the "smog check" as well?) Yep, they're starting that next month! Basically if any smoke comes out, you fail. (That's why I raced to get it done this week!) Needless to say, I am VERY relieved that it passed. Now I don't have to worry about it for another two years! Sweeeeet.

0 comments: