CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Home

Happy GROUND HOG DAY!!!!!!!!! Hehehe. Ehem. I wonder if he saw a shadow?

After almost 2.5 weeks, I have been reunited with Chris and Toasty. Cuuuuuuute.

I had a wonderful time visiting everyone from good old MO. And now that I've seen snow and have been ice skating, it finally feels like winter. Now I can truly enjoy the warm California weather. :P

As much as I consider Missouri to be my true home, now that my dad and Carolyn have moved out of our house it all feels different. When I go visit in Missouri, I no longer have a familiar house to go to, I no longer have "my" house. A house that I had lived in since I was 4 years old. My home is truly in California now because there's no dewlling space that is "mine." Does that make sense? :P

While I was visiting I talked to my cousin who also does event planning, and she told me about an event planning course that she's taking at George Washington University to get certified. After talking to her I'm almost certain that taking that course would be something I'd like to try and do this year. It's $4,000- which seems like a lot. (And it is.) But I look at it this way, I'm not going to 2+ years of grad school, so $4,000 is actually quite cheap compared to that. Plus if I ever want to work for an event planning business (other than my own,) the experience would be very valuable to have. Hmmmm ...

I'm also considering looking for another job. A job where I can have set hours and set wages. (Like a Monday through Friday job.) Health benefits would also be an extra perk to look for. Any ideas? I just can't handle working at the Elephant Bar for another 1-2+ years. Noooooo!!! I'm getting to the point where I'm having nightmares about it, lol.

Speaking of the Elephant Bar, I have to leave for work soon. BLAHHHHHH.

0 comments: