CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Baby Got BACK


I think Chris and I spent close to an hour yesterday talking about "Booty Shorts." You see, up until last year I was a victim of the so-called "Booty Shorts," unaware of the impression they were giving off and the effects they were having on guys. Here are some of the highlights of the discussion:

When I was in a relationship with Roger, I wore Booty Shorts. (Not to show off my butt, mind you! It's just that every pair I tried on was ... well ... short and the fact that I have a getto-butt didn't help.) Through our conversation I realized:
1. Roger liked my so-called booty shorts. In fact, he would request that I wear them.
2. Chris points out that this was because he liked to "show me off" to other guys. Kinda like Roger going, "You see this? You see this ass? It's MINE ... and I know you want some, but you can't have it!" (Horrified? I sure was!)
3. Roger never said anything to me about my shorts being too short. Ever.

Now, I've been dating Chris for almost a year, and realized even MORE about the infamous shorts.
1. I wore them on our first date. Not too impress, but because it was a hot day. However, the shorts gave Chris the impression that I "wanted him oh-so-badly!" (And so what if I did, :P haha.) The point is, the shorts gave off the wrong impression.
2. I found out that the real reason why Chris crashed into the metal fence while playing mini-golf on our first date (causing his arm to bleed,) was because he was distracted by my arse! (HA.)
3. The first time I met Chris' dad (AND two brothers,) I ... wore the "booty shorts." Chris later told me that his dad was like, "She's a really nice, down-to-earth girl! But ... but those shorts!" (I know, embarrassing.)
4. Chris has now brought to my attention that the shorts give off the wrong impression, (I know I know, call me naive, but I never thought that MY shorts were too short! No ... no not me!)
5. Chris points out that while he loves my butt, the shorts make every other guy want to love my butt too. (And not in a good way.)
6. He also points out that very short shorts have earned the title "rape shorts" here in California. He doesn't feel comfortable with me wearing them out, especially by myself.

Conclusion:
Booty Shorts are good if you want to give guys the wrong impression. Booty Shorts are also good if you want to possibly get raped late at night. Therefore, I should not be wearing booty shorts because I'm "not that kind of girl," and I don't want to get raped. My boyfriend cares enough about me to point this out. Hmmm. I love my boyfriend. :)

2 comments:

Ariel Manto said...

For goodness sake, didn't your ass win some kind of AWARD in college? You should know better than to wear booty shorts! I am so amused that Chris actually INJURED himself because he was so distracted by it.

Yeah, I read your journal. I just never comment! :P

Allison said...

Ahaha ... oh yes. The ass award.