CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Entrepreneur in Me

Even though I'm not planning on starting my business until I know where I'll be living at least some what long term, (since it would be pointless to work so hard to get your business off the ground only to MOVE some where else,) I went ahead and came up with a rough draft busniess plan anyway. AND I've been working on figuring out the start-up costs so I have a rough idea of how much money I'll need to have saved.

MY BUSINESS PLAN:

Business Name: I have one but I'm not listing it incase some one sees this blog and decides to steal it. :P

Legal Matters: Sole Proprietorship, I'm going to be my OWN boss! :P

Business Location: Working from home (the cost of paying a couple extra hundred for a TWO bedroom apartment would cost MUCH less then RENTING a commercial space.)

Services I will provide:
- FREE 30 minute Initial Consultation
- Full Service Wedding Planning
- Wedding Day Coordination
- Wedding Consultations
- Partial Wedding Services

What I will charge: (a ROUGH idea, although depending on where I live, prices will probably change according to what local competitors are charging.)
- Consultation only (3 hours): $150
- Flat fee for wedding day coordination: $500
- Flat fee for specific services (such as vendors): $150+ per vendor
- Partial wedding services hourly fee: $50/hour
- Full service wedding planning
* Weddings w/ budgets of $15,000 and above: %15
* Weddings w/ budgets below $15,000: haven't figured it out yet. :P

Advertising/Marketing
- Portfolio
- Website
- Brochures
- Business Cards
- Yellow Pages
- Family/Friends
- Bridal Shows
- Press Releases
- Local Papers

And there you have it! My initial rough draft business plan. I have some "additional" ideas for services and things I will provide to make my business unique, but I don't want to babble them all over the internet. Classified information, you know. :P

0 comments: