CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Me = Happy Cookie



Things have been running smoother for me lately. A few months ago, I was so unbelievably stressed about everything. I would even find myself getting depressed easily, which ... isn't normal for me because I'm a happy person! :D lol

I was stressed and felt restless because I didn't know what I wanted to do career-wise, and now I finally think I've made my decision! It's not that I'm "giving up on acting," in fact, I still love acting. But I've realized it's just not something I want to do for a living. I don't feel like I've waisted time by moving here for that reason, in fact I've met alot of wonderful people here, like my boyfriend Chris! I also don't feel like, "oh ... I didn't make it in Hollywood. I'm such a loser!" because well ... it's not that I gave up, I just felt/feel more strongly and passionate about my event planning business. Which I'm very excited about by the way!

The other day when I took my car in for the 120K service check (which cost $540,) the guy at the car dealership told me that my car "burns oil" faster than normal and that I should "probably fix it immediately" and that it would "only cost" $1,800. At which point I laughed to myself and thought, that's why I'll just check my oil regularly myself to make sure I don't run out, and replace it myself. Yes that's right, I laughed to myself when he told me I needed to spend an extra $1,800. Am I going to spend that? HELL no! And if that had happened a few months ago, I would have cried. I probably would have stood at the counter and started bowling. I would constantly worry about my car having another problem and the fact that I wouldn't have enough money to fix it. Since then I've decided that EVERY time you take your car in some where, they will ALWAYS tell you that something needs to be replaced/fixed. Well I am NOT going to let the money/car factor be a CONSTANT worry in my life anymore. Really, there's more important things. And worrying doesn't do anything productive. I know it's easier said than done, but I've been really good about it lately. And I feel so much better!

AND I just realized that after I pay my bills for May, in addition to having $1,000 reserved for emergencies, I'll have about $1,400 extra. WHICH means I'm much closer to buying my computer then I thought! I'd just like to have about $500 extra so I don't come so close to taking out of my emergency funds. And THAT ladies and gentlemen, is exciting.

(The picture is me, by the way. I'm one happy cookie.) :P

1 comments:

we rule the school said...

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up, up up! It's always nice to be able to get a great, happy, or at least, content, perspective.

I mean, Andrew and I are both dirt poor and un/underemployed, but something about being away from that hellhole that we used to work at, and being able to just enjoy ourselves and each other makes things soooo much better.