CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 23, 2007

Summer Fun


Yay! I'm so happy! I just looked at my online banking transaction history and I see that my tax refund was directly deposited into my account today! :D I'm actually a bit relieved because I wasn't sure if I filed my tax return correctly with all of my "mutual funds" and retirement account. PLUS I made sure to "maximise" my return as much as possible ... heeheeheeee :P

Unfortunetly, I won't be doing anything exciting with the money. In 500 more miles my car will have reached the 120k mark and I will be "due" for my 120k service check. Which isn't mandatory of course, but it's part of the routine maintenance for the car which is highly recommended, especially when your car has alot of mileage. Arrggg and it's $499 plus tax! :( I swear, I'm going to buy a bycicle and bike to all my destinations from now on! (Which ... isn't a bad idea!)

On another note, one of my favorite things to do on my day off from work, (or even when I'm not having a day off,) is to walk to Barnes'N'Noble and look at the books and magazines. Lately, my "area of interest" has been interior decorating, event/wedding planning, and recipes! (Actually, I've pretty much always been interested in interior decorating and event/wedding planning,) but I've added recipes to the roster of interests now. Damn I wish I had the money to go out and buy all the ingredients needed for the super delicious looking gourmet italian meals I was looking at yesterday! :P I want to start compiling a bunch of recipes in a recipe box, but the only problem is , I DON'T want to compile recipes that taste like crap. So ... I need to test them before I compile them ... or maybe I could compile them and THEN test them ... and THEN throw the recipe out if it stinks ... see my problem here? lol :P

Last night I realized that I haven't really gone anywhere lately. And by, "I haven't gone anywhere," I don't necessarily mean traveling to some distant state or country. I'm talking about places right here in California! So I made a list of things I want to do this summer. The list includes, (in no particular order,)
1. Go to the San Diego Zoo (It's supposed to be the best in the US!)
2. Go to Six Flags Magic Mountain and try the new roller coaster! Woo hoo! (Right now you can by a day pass for $59 and you get the entire year FREE! That's an entire YEAR for $59!!! AND you can use it at ANY Six Flags.) Wow ... I'm beginning to sound like an infommercial! :P
3. Visit the Getty Museum
4. Visit the Griffith Observatory
5. Go home to visit and maybe force Chris to come with me :P
6. At LEAST go home by myself, lol
And there were some other things on the list that I can't remember at the moment ... ooops ... I'll have to update the list later ... :P

Well, I need to go take advantage of this lovely 70 degree weather by taking a nice long run in the park before work. Hasta la vista, baby! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definitely bring Chris how with you so that we can all torment him mercilessly.

And by that I mean meet him.

Anonymous said...

I always forget to sign my name.

*sigh*

-Esther