CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Busted Things

Last Saturday, as a show of solidarity, I too injured a toe, except, in my case, it was the pinky toe on my right foot. Of course I'm kidding about doing it to show sympathy for Allison, but I did injure it barely two to three hours after finding out about her toe. I was simply walking to my room when I fell back, kicked my feet forward, fell forward, and landed my right foot straight into the corner of a wall. I'm pretty sure it's fractured since it makes crunchy noises each time I move it. For your viewing pleasure, I've included a picture taken late Sunday night.

Lately, I've become obsessed with cataloging all of my DVD's. What I mean by cataloging is scanning is the cover art for my roughly 217 DVD's. The idea was inspired by Allison's difficulty in choosing a movie to watch, taking anywhere between a half hour to forty-five minutes. I figured it would be easier if she actually knew what the movies are about. So, since I don't have the space to stack 217 DVD boxes, I figured being able to read the descriptions on my computer would be the best solution. It also makes sense because it allows me to read what the special features on each disc are and tells me how long each movie is, something most DVD's, as opposed to VHS tapes, don't seem to list these days. So far, I've spent three days, doing absolutely nothing else until about 4 in the morning, working on this project. Just trying to get scans for DVD sets that can't be folded into a scanner took an entire day. Oh yes, and the warping of the paper on the cases makes things a job for Adobe Photoshop.

I've also tried going through all my stuff and do some much needed Spring - Summer Cleaning. Things tend to pile up when you're always busy with work and school. So, seeing as how I'm neither working nor in school right now, it seems like the best thing to do. I threw away three large garbage bags of paperwork Saturday, and I still have three more stacks to go through. That's not even counting the two cardboard boxes of paperwork associated with the classes I've taken the past two years. I need to go through all of that and organize it so I can study for a 16 hour examination I have to take in November before receiving my Masters.

Finally, I ended my fabulous Monday evening with over two hours of complaining straight from Allison. It would seem that's her thing this month, starting with the fabulous blog she wrote about me June 4th. This time she was furious because, yesterday, when she tried to force me to, in the future, sleep with a fan on, because she likes it that way, I refused. No one, not even Allison, has the right to force their desires or style of living on someone else, especially when it's in someone else's home or apartment. Then, I was railed against because I haven't compromised on the fan issue. Now, I would have compromised, if she had broached the fan issue in an attempt to compromise, but, when she attempted to force me into sleeping differently in my own apartment, compromise went straight out the window. As it is, I let her leave my window open while we're sleeping. For those who aren't from California, leaving the window open during the night is quite dangerous. And, last week I bought healthy foods just to please her. But, I will not be forced into anything, not in the one place that is mine - my apartment.

Now, I don't know where she picked up the idea that ragging on me all the time is somehow going to make me love her more, or that trying to force her preferences on me is going to make me give in, but it's not working. Maybe she's mad because I don't feed her lines and run to the store in seven minutes to buy her Ben and Jerry's ice cream like the men she runs into at work and on her spare time. Or, perhaps she's irked because I call her out on things. Part of my master's program involves utilizing rhetorical devices to create or dismantle an argument - nothing irks me so much as having someone rag on me using arguments that don't hold water. At that point, it's clear that the complaining is purely for the sake of complaining, and I point it out. I've decided she's trying to push me into breaking up with her. After all, she told me how she doesn't ever want to move in with me because her roommate told her it ruins a relationship. Completely avoiding the total lack of logic in that statement - if it were true, marriage would destroy all relationships - it's clear she most definitely does not want to be with me.

Good Morning to everyone - I'm headed to sleep.