CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Obsessions

Mmmmm. I just made myself some tastey chicken and vegetable stir-fry with a yummy citrus sauce and cashews. My tummy definetly said "yummy" and then it thanked me. :P

It's kind of funny. This past year I've noticed some new "obsessions." Like, I all of a sudden started loving seafood. I mean, what the sam hill? I used to DESPISE seafood! (Except canned tuna of course, hehehe.) Not only have I started loving seafood, (particularly shrimp, scallops, muscles, salmon tempura rolls, and calamari,) but I've also been obsessed with the idea of cooking. I've always liked to cook, (especially cookies,) but everything else was pretty easy and boring. Like ramen, grilled cheese, and mac & cheese. But for the past several months, I've spent many hours going to Barnes'N'Noble looking at food and drink recipes. And since I've gotten my new computer, I've printed off lots of recipes from the Martha Stewart site and yesterday I watched a video on how to make these extra super yummy pancakes. I even started a "recipe" notebook where I have all the recipes that I think look yummy-licious compiled.

But with my sudden urge to start trying new recipes I have run into a small problem: I don't have the necessary kitchen equipment! I realized there's so many things that I would need. Including basic cookware, (pots and pans), appliances, (mixers, blenders, toaster, etc.), bakeware, (cake pans, cookie sheets, muffin and loaf pans, etc.), and cutlery, (nice set of knives, obviously.) And let me tell you, as I'm sure many of you are aware, things like pots and pans are damn expensive! But I'm going to start slowly trying to accumlate the list of essentials.

Another thing I realized since my roommates have recently decided that they want to move out and buy a HOUSE in Santa Moncia (sooner rather than later- maybe even at the end of the summer,) is that I don't have a bed- or even a matress! So I need to start saving for that. I would like to buy a really super nice bed, one that is not only of excellent quality and comfort, but one that will last a LONG time. (Preferrably like ... forever.) :P But the one I want costs like $1,800 (and that doesn't include a head board or anything.) Grrrrr. :(

0 comments: