CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm Terrible.

Yesterday at work the guy who always sits at the bar and bugs me, (the same one I've written stories about in previous E-Bar tales,) and who is always trying to talk to me, invite me to meet his "model friends," etc. was sitting outside on the patio talking with a couple of my "co-workers." I was finishing up my last couple of tables and was getting ready to head out for the day. I stepped outside on the patio to get some fresh air and "the guy" was talking to 3 other servers, (2 girls and 1 guy,) and so I just sort of stood there, half paying attention. Well some how ice cream came up in the conversation so I decided to insert my tw cents into the convo, "Ohhhh, I love ice ream. Ben and Jerry's chocolate mint cookie chunk is one of my faaaavorite kinds!" After I said that, I went back inside to clock out, etc. About 7 minutes later, one of the guy servers who was talking about ice cream with us came up to me and was like, "before you leave, that guy wants to ask you something." "Uhhhhh ... okay?" I responded, a bit puzzled. So I'm heading out the back and the guy comes up to me and asks, "Would your foot feel better if you had some ice cream?" "Uhhhh, probably not." Before I knew it, he was handing me a pint of Ben and Jerry's chocolate mint cookie chunk ice cream. I mean ... he literally RAN some where and found me my favorite kind of ice cream in like 7 minutes. Impressive. However, now I feel obligated to be nice to him despite the fact that he's always bugging me. Is a pint of ice cream really worth the obligation it carries with it?

Today I went to The Grove to stop by Barnes'N'Noble so I could of course look at wedding magazines and recipe books. Unfortunetly, it was MAJOR sale time today at The Grove. We're talking EVERY store was having a major sale. I tried very hard to resist even setting foot inside a store ... but ... I was allured into Victoria's Secret by the sweet aromas coming from all of the fragrances that were on sale. (75% off!!!) I tried SUPER hard to not buy anything, but ... alas ... my willpower was no match for the super cute blue Body By Victoria tank top that I spotted. It was love at first site, hehehe. And then I made the bad move of trying it on and it looked great! Damn. I bought it. I'm terrible. BUT normally it would have cost $55 but I got it for $25. Still pricey for the cheap SKATE that I am ... but ... what can I say?

I then headed to the Farmer's Market where I bought a basket of fresh strawberries for only $1.98 to enjoy for dinner ... which ... I'm going to eat right about now. Mmmmmm!!!!

In fact, I was going to write more, but I'm now too hungry to write anything else! :P

0 comments: