CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cinco de Mayo and Desperate Men


Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Not that I really celebrate Cinco de Mayo ... I guess I'll be celebrating it by helping others to celebrate it by working at The Elephant Bar tonight! Although I must admit I'm not really looking foward to driving home late after work when there's probably going to be a million drunk drivers out tonight. Grrr.

On Thursday I had a man who looked about 40-ish hit on me as I was walking out of the library. I was walking at a nice brisk pace to go home and from across the parking lot a man says, "Hello!" so of course being the polite person that I am IO respond by going, "Hi!" (but I kept walking.) Well, the man (probably about 5'5", hispanic looking, bit of a gut, short black and slightly receding hair line,) immediately runs over to me and is like, "Oh! I've been seeing you in the library for quite some time now and I've wanted to approach you but I figured you'd just blow me off!" Already I'm thinking, I wish I WOULD have blown you off. "So," he continues, "do you work at Whole Foods? I think I've seen you there," "-no." "Oh ... well are you from California?" "No, not really. Missouri." "Well," he said as he looked me up and down VERY obviously, "you've got a great bod!" Oh god. "Uhhh ... thanks." At this point I take a step foward, indicating that I'm trying to head on my merry way. But no. "Do you work out?" "Yes, and I do Kung Fu." Why do I keep answering his questions? "Well," he said "I play soccer. It gets the oxygen flowing to the brain." All the while very obviously continueing to look me up and down. At this point I'm highly annoyed. Then he asks. "Can I take you out to coffee?" to which I VERY quickly replied, "Sorry I have a boyfriend." He looked like his hopes had been crushed. "Oh ... well I've been watching you for some time and I sorta hoped you were eligible." Eligible? "No sorry, definetly not eligible." "Well, he's a lucky guy because you look great." It was time to start lying. "Right well, I need to go because I'm a bit late for work." Let's just say that as I tried to leave, he continued to look me up and down just ONE more time and tell me that I had a 'great bod' just ONE more time. HONESTLY! Yuck. I was so violated. I immediately called Chris in utter flusteration and left a flustered messagse. Ewww.

On a less yucky note, I'm planning a delicious meal to cook for him (him being Chris, not the yucky 40-ish man I just spent the last paragraph talking about.) :P I think it will be the most complicated dish I've tried to cook yet! I'm going to "test drive" my idea on Tuesday with my roommie Kara to make sure it doesn't end up tasting like crap. :P

0 comments: