CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh What a Tuesday Afternoon


Yesterday Chris and I saw the movie '28 Weeks Later.' I remember seeing the first one, '28 Days Later' with Coon a few years back. We both found it to be pretty retarded. But Chris insisted that it should be given a chance because it recieved a %71 review on Rottentomatoes.com (even though the first one sucked and it got an %89 rating.) It was definetly better than the first one, and it was a farely decent horror sci-fi zombie film. In fact, I admit to hiding my face in Chris' shoulder a few times during the film, watching it through a sliver through my hair. For some reason, it makes it a little less scarey if you can't see much, or can only see a little bit. :P Ultimately the main plot of the movie is the quest for survival, but if you like zombie and/or horror films, you might want to see it. It sorta freaked me out. :P

Because Chris is a big fan of the fish at Long John Silver's, I finally let him take me out to eat there. (I've had an intense fear of that restuarant ever since I went there like 10 years ago ... ) I got a sampler platter which included battered fish, shrimp, hush puppies, french fries, and half an ear of corn. The fish was pretty good ... but the shrimp was just okay in my opinion. The french fries were good, (much like McDonalds,) and the hushpuppies I didn't really care for because they tasted a bit like stuffing, (something I'm not a huge fan of.) I also got a side order (I know I ordered alot of food! hehehe) of battered jalepeno cheese bites. Those were GOOOOD. Mmmmm yummy. So overall, it was okay. Not as terrifying as I remembered, but everything was a bit too "battered and fried." I could actually hear my arteries clogging with each and every bite. :P

I was really horrified as I was watching the Miss Universe pageant last night. During the evening gown competition, (which would narrow it from 10 down to 5 women,) Miss USA SLIPPED and fell right on her BUTT. Yes, embarassing. But what's even MORE embarassing is that she got a higher score than over half the girls- girls who DIDN'T make an arse of themselves by falling on their rears. I mean, the evening gown competition is SUPPOSED to be judged on how poised, elegant, and confident you are. WHAT the hell. Chris and I were so horrified. At LEAST she didn't win (4th runner up.) Miss Japan won.

Over the weekend Chris told me he thought he might have skin cancer on his back because he noticed two dark freckle/moles on his back that he didn't remember seeing before. I looked at them, and told him they weren't skin cancer. With my fair skin, and having gotten several severe burns in my day, I've become MUCH more aware of skin cancer and taking precautions to prevent it. I've done research on how to tell what might be a sign of skin cancer. Of course, there are three types of skin cancner, the first being Basal cell carcinoma. It accounts for approximately 75 percent of all skin cancers. This highly treatable cancer starts in the basal cell layer of the epidermis (the top layer of skin) and grows very slowly. Basal cell carcinoma usually appears as a small, shiny bump or nodule on the skin - mainly those areas exposed to the sun, such as the head, neck, arms, hands, and face. It commonly occurs among persons with light-colored eyes, hair, and complexion. The second, Squamous cell carcinoma, accounts for about 20 percent of all skin cancer cases. Although more aggressive than basal cell carcinoma, this cancer is highly treatable. It accounts for about 20 percent of all skin cancers. Squamous cell carcinoma may appear as nodules or red, scaly patches of skin, and may be found on the face, ears, lips, and mouth. Finally, Malignant melanoma accounts for 4 percent of all skin cancers. Malignant melanoma starts in the melanocytes - cells that produce pigment in the skin. Malignant melanomas usually begin as a mole that then turns cancerous. This cancer may spread quickly. Malignant melanoma most often appears on fair-skinned men and women, but persons with all skin types may be affected. The chart shows how to destinguish benign moles from melanoma ... Alright, I've babbled enough! With summer approaching, put on your sun screen!!! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, I remember 28 days later, we were both ravenous and just wanted the dumb thing to end so we could go to steak and shake.
-Coon

Allison said...

Hahah- I know! And man was Steak'N'Shake good!