CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Late Night Babble Fest

Last night my rommates Kara, Lesley and I were all sitting around talking. I can't remember what we were talking about, but Lesley suddenly farted and then we started talking about farts, which lead to us all discussing poop. STEAMING poop actually. She mentioned that she had a steaming turd a few days ago and I was all horrified because I wasn't aware that humans pooped steaming turds. So I spent about 30 minutes on google trying to figure out why turds steam. I still haven't figured it out. :P

Then we transitioned from talking about turds to a more "serious" discussion. Lesley started talking about how she is mad at God because all the things she's been asking for haven't happened. She was like, "I know God takes care of me, but I haven't seen anything big yet. I haven't been given anything I've asked for. I want a miracle!" (Part of the "miracle" would be getting 1.5 million dollars so she and Kara can move into this Santa Monica home they want to buy at the end of the summer.) But ... you DON'T always get what you ask for. Some times what we ask for is NOT what we need. She's also a bit unhappy because her acting career hasn't taken off yet. She said she "knows God has something big planned, but she doesn't know when it's going to happen" and that bugs her. She seems pretty unhappy with how things are going. She doesn't seem to be enjoying the journey she has to take before "big things" start to happen. But "the journey" is often the most important part!

For instance, I want a successful event/wedding planning bussiness. I would love for "big things" to happen with it right now. But I have to work towards that before it happens- and I'm loving the journey! I love looking at wedding magazines and getting new ideas. I love working on my "inspirational ideas" wedding notebook. I like coming up with a business plan and setting goals to achieve. "The journey" makes you appreciate things more (and you learn alot too!) For instance, I would have LOVED to have had a brand new computer 9 months ago instead of having to go to the library every day and often WAIT to use the computers (AND you have a time limit on them.) BUT, having been doing the library thing for such a long time has made me truly appreciate the brand new computer I just got. I LOVE it!

She's also unhappy because she wants a boyfriend NOW because she wants to get married. I mean ... her marriage clock is seriously ticking! In fact, I have another friend whose marriage clock is also ticking. He desperately is trying to find "that woman" so he can get married. He's always seeking, always dating around to find that special some one. But the funny thing is, it's usually when you're "not" looking that things start to happen! When I met Chris I was definetly NOT looking. Looking was the furthest thing from my mind. In fact, when I met Chris I desperately wanted OUT of the relationship I was in and to be single. But, it just happened! (and I'm glad that it did!) :P

Anyway, I'm totally babbling. :P

OH and today was amazing. I had grilled cheese sandwhiches with tomato soup (YUM) and watched Donald Duck cartoons while working on my wedding notebook and talking to Chris. All my favorite things! Chris, Food, Donald Duck, and wedding planning. AND I had a white mocha from Starbucks. Now if I had a Michelle and a Mizzy, the day would have been perfect! :)

2 comments:

we rule the school said...

I like the face lift you gave your blog. Its very pretty!

Also, Andrew wrote lyrics for the "Scarecrow (Dark Harvest 3)" song, as well as a tune. Hell-arious!

Allison said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious. Although, Andrew REALLY needed to have watched the entire movie without falling asleep half way through to truuuuully write lyrics .... but ... that's still funny. Hehe.