CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Dilemma


The benefits of working (or shall I say, having worked), at Starbucks just keep rolling in! Despite the fact that I quite almost 3 months ago, I still recieve free beverages from the wonderful partners at my store. And as if free white chocolate mochas and chai tea lattes weren't good enough, a few days ago I recieved a lovely little card in the mail from Starbucks telling me all about their "partnership with iTunes and Apple." I recieved a free playlist of songs (7 new songs,) to download, in addition to another free song of my choice. To add to that, I'm also apparently still elegible for discounts on Apple Prodcuts, like the iMac I want! (You have to either be a current employee of Starbucks, or an "alumni" employee of Starbucks.) You can also "extend" your discount priviledges to friends and family!

Anyway after all this babbling, the point is is that the iMac I want would cost me $1,410 with my discount and $1,499 without it. In order to use the discount, I would have to order it online from the Apple store (with free shipping.) So NOW I don't know whether to order it online and save $88, or to just buy it from the Apple store within walking distance of my apartment. Having it shipped makes me a wee bit nervous, because the mail delivery people around here seem quite retarded at times. The last package I recieved in the mail was in horrendous condition when it arrived. It had a gigantic tear in the top of the box- it's a wonder all the contents didn't come spilling out!

Oh what to do what to do ... is saving $88 really worth the risk of having it shipped by people who throw packages around because they don't care that things might break just as long as it gets delivered?

:::sigh:::

1 comments:

C. Berry said...

Well keep in mind that if the package you received was shipped via Post Office regular mail that's quite a bit different than UPS, FedEx, or DHL, which is who usually will deliver larger packages - like when I sent my laptop to Dell for warranty, they sent me a DHL label to use for it.

The other thing to maybe consider is if you'll be at home to receive it, and/or if there is a safe place for them to leave it if you aren't. I don't have to worry about things disappearing off of my front porch too much, but it might be different in LA!

And if you haven't already asked at the Apple store that's nearby about any discounts that might be available, you should. There might be something available if you aren't online...?